Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Third event - Lunchbox special

Back after a really really lonnnnng break. I have been waiting to get back to my kitchen and yes, blogging about it. Got the kitchen started yesterday (it took a few days to get the house and settle down too). My daughter has joined the new school, hubby his office and here I am back viewing the world through my window (the internet). Its pouring outside (has been the case since the last 2days ) and so the so-called Andhra heat has had to take a breather for a while.

I have been wondering for a while as to what the theme for my third event should be. It was actually there right before me all the while, yes, my everyday mind game of what interesting to make for my daughter's lunchbox is what stood in front of me.

I am sure that there are many moms out there just like me who are left with the question of what to make that will appeal in terms of look and taste to their little ones.Two heads are better than one, I have read. For me, however, many many heads are definitely better than one and so I guess it would be a grand solution for all of us to put our heads together and come up with interesting recipes that would impress the really difficult customers at home.

Pic courtesy: http://ktimothy.com/

Whether it is cakes, wraps, pakodas, rolls, rice dishes, stuffed parathas, sandwiches or anything else that you could come up with...it sure would be a great collection for moms to keep handy for the times that they are left wondering what to make. I sure would find it a bible to what to cook tomorrow for my really hard to please daughter. Happy Cooking!! Looking forward to all your entries.

The deadline for the event is 15 October, 2008.You can send in your entries to vandanarajesh2@gmail.com Thanks to all my online friends who have been visiting the blog and providing me great encouragement to go on.

27 comments:

Uma said...

lovely idea for the event. Will surely chip in.

Sum Raj said...

welcome vandana...lovly theme..am in..

jayasree said...

Nice to see u back. Good theme for the event.

Indian Khana said...

Hey dear first time here and you have wonderful blog..glad to knw abt the event :)...sure will send something..whtever goes to my nephew's lunch box ;)

Sangeeth said...

great idea and luved ur pic....

Jaishree Iyer said...

Hi first time here. lovely idea for the event.surely participate in the event.

Mrs.Kannan said...

First time visiting your blog,Till to explore but great event you are coming up with,yippeee i am going to send some thing soon.

Sujatha said...

Welcome back vandana! Nice and useful theme... will surely participate..

Srikitchen said...

hi vandhana! come and join in the chicken event going in my blog! am in for ur event too!

Deepthi Shankar said...

nice event .. will try & comeup with something . Happy hosting

Vijitha said...

Hi Vandana
This is my first time here...
good theme for the event
Count me in!

Madhavi said...

Greatt idea, count me in !!!

Laavanya said...

Now that will be a very interesting & useful round-up.

Unknown said...

Welcome back vandana! Nice and useful theme...
have tagged you. pls collect at my blog

Yasmeen said...

hi vandana,
I've a picky eater who started going to school,lunch box special is such a useful theme for me.
Will send you my kiddy lunch recipe soon.

vandana rajesh said...

Thanks for the encouragement .Looking forward to all ur delicious and innovative recipes that would have the little ones asking for more.

Priya Suresh said...

Hi vandana nice event..count me too..

priya
www.priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.com

Supriya said...

Hi Vandana, first time here. What a lovely theme for your event. I have one dish on my blog that always works for my 5 yr old. Will surely send you that and some more.

Unknown said...

Hi Vandana, good to have u back. Should the kid friendly recipes be lunch spcific or can it be anythign that kids love to eat?

Recipeswap said...

Hi Vandana,

just sent you my entry.....

Mrs.Kannan said...

How should i send my entree?I am new to participating in events..

anudivya said...

Vandana, Is there an email ID I can send it to?

Pavani said...

hi vandana thanks for ur lovely comments ,iam sending snack idli for ur lunch box event

Sangeeth said...

hey dear sent my entry!

Lucky said...

Coming to your blog for the first time. I just have sent my entry for the lunch box.Please check.

Vidhya said...

I have two picky eaters and that now I am packing their lunch boxes. will send one right now.

Unknown said...

Hello
This is my first visit to your blog..followed your link from vidhya's blog.I would like to send my entry too.
Thanks
Jujubs