Monday, June 2, 2008

Announcement of event for the month- Chicken

My blog has completed 4 months in this delicious world of food. I have in the last four months enjoyed my plate of food a little more than before and time in the kitchen has been more creative. Everyday is great interacting with so many of you for whom food is a passion.

The attractive food blogs and the interaction between the foodies is one that I have truly enjoyed. Contests according to me are the fun element that makes the foodie world so lively. I look forward to reading all the comments,surfing through my favorite blogs and also making new discoveries and yes, friends each morning. I have been keenly watching the contests,the round ups and have also been a part of a few. It is real fun indeed. Have been planning for somtime now to move a step further from being a participant to playing the role of the host to an event. After much consideration and research later here I am with the announcement of the contest for the month. I do plan to introduce a new theme each month. For this month, it's my family favorite- the chicken. You could send in as many entries as you like. Experimenting with new chicken dishes could actually be a lot of fun. Whether you pla to cook a chicken fried rice, chicken cutlets, pasta with chicken, a delicious chicken curry or stir fried chicken....the options are truly many. I would love to hear from all of you with your innovative chicken recipes.

Vegetarians please do bear with me. Being my very first event couldn't leave out my favorite...the chicken...however, do promise that next month would definitely be one that vegetarian foodies too would love to be a part of.



Rules
1)Each one of you may send in as many entries as you like.
2)Please do send me an email at vandanarajesh2@gmail.com with
-Your name
-Blog name(url)
-Name of the dish
- A brief description
- A Photo as attachment
3)Please do link to this post from your blog.You may use the event image in your post, if desired.
4)For any other queries,feel free to write to me at the email mentioned or leave a comment on the blog.
The last date for submissions is 30thJune 2008. The round up will appear in the first week of July.

Looking forward to all your delicious chicken recipes.

32 comments:

Swati Raman Garg said...

wohooo ur first event... another reason for me to try chicken dishes...

Indranee Batabyal said...

Thanks for your comment Vandana!I love chicken and will surely send in my recipe. Best of luck and have a great week!

vandana rajesh said...

Thank swati and Indranee looking forward to your entries.

Rachel said...

Nice themes for the event...Will send you an entry

Unknown said...

YIPPE..chicken..our fav..i make atleast twice a week..just yesterday posted chicken dosai..will send the entries..good luck with the event..

ranji said...

nice theme!!!will cook up something and send...

Finla said...

I am in. Chicken dishes are something always i make.
So will surley send you something

Suganya said...

Hi...
That was a nice event. Chicken is my fav also. Will participate for sure. Hope to see some stunning chicken recipes in ur round up.

@the_whisk_affair said...

CONGRATS ON UR FIRST EVENT! count me in..!

Sangeeth said...

chicken is my hubbys fav...will surely try one

Laavanya said...

I shall wait for your next event :) Don't eat or make chicken... but all the very best for your first event.

Cham said...

Chicken, i never thought someone will announce only Chicken! Good choice , i will definetly participate ur event with chicken!

Sum Raj said...

wooo..thats nice....would luc to participate vandana...

Unknown said...

Good luck for ur event..Glad that I resemble ur friend

Uma said...

good luck with your first event, Vandana! I'll wait for the next event from you (you know why, he he!). I'll be checking on all the entries, though!

Andhra Flavors said...

Nice event.I Will try to send..

Sagari said...

will surely partisipate your chicken event vandana

Sum Raj said...

hai vandana...i have send u mail..though this is my first participation ,plz let me know whther u got my entry.

Sujatha said...

Chicken- my fav too! I have so many recipes in chicken.. will definitely participate

Kalyan Karmakar said...

hey this looks interesting Vandana...looking forward to getting some interesting ideas. I'll put some of mine too. The Cal trip was great. I have put in a few posts on the blog on that ...plan to put some more...Kalyan

FH said...

Great!! Nobody did Chicken event so far. I have one for ya!:))

notyet100 said...

http://asankhana.blogspot.com/2008/06/few-thoughts-to-sharend-adraki.html

MY FIRST ENTRY FOR THE EVENT,..WILLSEND U MORE,..AS JUST LIKEUEVEN IAMFOND OF CHICKEN,..WANTED TOKNOW CAN I SEND U PREVIOUSLY POSTED RECIPES
REGARDS
PRIYANKA

FH said...

Just sent you one thru' email!:)

Illatharasi said...

Is this still open? I saw this event just today :(

Illatharasi said...

Thanks Vandana, I will try to send my entry today.

Jans said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Vandana....Chicken is one of my all time favs, will send my entry soon....

Ramya Bala said...

Its my first time here..Will definitelt try to contribute for this wonderful event.

Aditi..............:) said...

I have just posted an entry...:)
Great event!!! :)

Unknown said...

Hi,
Great theme and chicken is my favorite too....
I have mailed you three dishes by mail!

Ramya Bala said...

vandana,
just posted an entry and mailed you..

Shobha said...

Just got to know about this from Happy cook`s Blog....My kitchen Treasures.Will send my recipe soon.

Cham said...

Just sent my entry hope u got it