Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy Onam...finally...a come back


A very happy Onam to everyone. Finally...I am back!! The last one year of keeping off blogging has definitely been very difficult...however, there were a lot of other things that ensured I was kept on my toes all the while. The move to Mumbai with hubby dear and now to the cool climes of Russia(already cold by my standard) has seen to it that I have been kept busy throughout. Packing and unpacking sure is maddening...now that I am more or less settled can say that it was all fun:) and continues to be.

Only thing now the new place leaves me totally linguistically challenged...with just little Russian to get me going, sometimes I feel totally lost in the stores..sometimes not knowing where I would get the ingredients I want. Have got along some ingredients to keep my Indian palette happy and hope that would help me till I settle down with the local ingredients.

As for Onam, minus the coconut(I am yet to discover that here), the sadya had only rice, sambar, veggies and the yummy semiya payasam. Semiya is available locally. With milk and milk products(especially the flavored yogurts) in plenty think the payasam would resurface many a times. Making a re-start with my Semiya payasam.

The visits to the delicious blogs have not been that regular however, I am generally clued up on what's happening in the food bloggers world. There definitely was a lot of cooking happening in the last year, however, with no photography..have to start right from scratch. I have a few dishes lined up for the coming posts....a chicken masala stew and the instant appam( a brand that I carried with me from Kerala and was just too good...reminded me of home). For everyone who kept visiting the blog inspite of my long absence...thanks a ton and please do keep coming back for more.

4 comments:

Shabitha Karthikeyan said...

Hi Vandhana,

I reached here thru blog hopping..Welcome back to the blogging world ! Happily following you ! Do visit my space when you find time.

http://www.frommyhomekitchen.com/

Akila said...

first time here and you have wonderful blog...

http://akilaskitchen.blogspot.com

Sum Raj said...

hey vandana...nice to c u dear after looooooooooooong break...hope u have almost settled there...howz ur little pretty daughter?..hope she liked new place..bwt semiya payasam adipoli to celebrated on onam festival...all time its my fav .. :)

Krishnaveni said...

Hi Vandana, thanks for the comment, Happy onam to you too, Happy blogging...